Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales

Beware the smiling DM

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Conversation before the 11/22 session

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

Conversation before the 11/22 session Empty
PostSubject: Conversation before the 11/22 session   Conversation before the 11/22 session Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 9:42 am

A beaten up Andreas looks at Kazbo Spinfist. "Kazbo, you, Travan, and I have the ability to cast light sources. I think the party is set in that area. What we need are preparation and reaction scrolls. Scrolls of Remove Curse and Remove Blindness/Deafness are a must. They don't cost too much if we pool are resources together. They're even cheaper if we can scribe these scrolls ourselves. In fact, they're half price. If we don't have the spells Remove Curse and Remove Blindness/Deafness, we need to buy them outright.

"However, we should take the time to scribe some scrolls of spells we already know. At half the cost, this could prove vital. I know I'd like to have a scroll of Shield in my back pocket, just in case. That +4 to AC is a necessity for me. Also, I'd like to create a scroll of Hold Portal and Charm Person, especially if we're entering the Underdark. Hold Portal might help us sleep at night a little better--if we can find a room with a door down there.

"Potions are another thing we need to buy. A few shots of Cure Light are essential; they're 50gp/each. I have a feeling that our party may need to do a little monster safari before we re-enter the Underdark just so we gain enough coin to continue looking for the Axe of the Dwarven Lords. You can be sure that an artifact-level axe ISN'T going to be guarded by a neophyte goblin foot soldier.

"We need to arm ourselves to the gills folks!" Andreas raises his fist in the air in dramatic fashion, imagining the cheers and raucous applause. His countenance wilts at the following silence.
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

Conversation before the 11/22 session Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conversation before the 11/22 session   Conversation before the 11/22 session Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:16 pm

I agree with you Andreas, we can time the time to scribe a spell or two, but I feel that time is short and we must continue onward. We needn't worry too much about potions of healing, I think the cleric can take care of that, and if we are venturing into the great Underdark we may have to learn ways of holding monsters as well. The removal of curses is a big concern I have as well, especially after the battle we went through with the Beholder, he rendered us all useless with a few simple spells, and I for one do not like being useless in a battle.
Back to top Go down

Conversation before the 11/22 session
Page 1 of 1