Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales

Beware the smiling DM

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Comments - Sept 27th session

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

Comments - Sept 27th session Empty
PostSubject: Comments - Sept 27th session   Comments - Sept 27th session Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:41 pm

First thing that has to be said: Pathfinder is wonderful. Great system, exactly what I remember D&D being, but better. Skills are a wonderful thing to have back (87 skill points Stitch? really?). However, conversion definitely axed my AC, something that I'll have to severely rectify.

We've only gone through a few rooms in the Underdark and we're really not doing too badly. Pete's Paladin is clearly the melee might the party needs. His nickname is easily "Orcbane" after that session.

Here are a couple of things to remember about the room we left off in:
1) the magic ball of dimly puslating light on the dais. It contains a small staff inside, but it must be protected in some way. The two statues that face the ball more-than-likely animate once the ball is touched. I would love to come up with a plan to get that ball--the staff inside is surely a nice magical item.

2) the above-mentioned statues. We were in the middle of planning to tie them up when we decided to go to sleep and were interrupted in the middle of the night by orcs, an orc shaman, and a cave troll. The statues are large and are full suits of plate armor. With a 30 perception check I noticed that they're hollow inside, so they're not petrified creatures or creatures in some kind of stasis.

3) the alcove in the west wall (See pic below). That alcove has a door that is engraved in the rock, with a fanciful arch of vines and such engraved above it. We don't yet know what the deal is with that.

Also, we haven't explored the ceiling of the odd half-spherical chamber with the tilting floor. The ceiling had a hole with tubes/tunnels running in various directions. Pete's character was in the process of exploring when the beholder cast dispel magic on his slippers, ending the exploratory moment.

Comments - Sept 27th session 09270910
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Comments - Sept 27th session   Comments - Sept 27th session Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:52 pm

Actually Pete went back and explored the hole in the ceiling. That's where he found the Beholders stash of 2,000 gp worth of shiny things.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Comments - Sept 27th session   Comments - Sept 27th session Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:06 am

Ahh, yes, I stand corrected. There was only one beholder in that nest? Hmmm....
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Comments - Sept 27th session   Comments - Sept 27th session Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:35 pm

Stitch definitely supports messing with the orb at this point...only because he's curious about that magical door/wall (nobody creates something like that unless it's to protect something fun).

With no info to assume otherwise, he suspects that the orb might have something to do with the door. Perhaps it's a key, and opening the door will reveal a powerful (expensive) magic staff...

Between the Orc warning and the ominously poised armor statues, we can assume that bad things will happen when we mess with the orb...so lets do everything we can to at least disable the statues beforehand.

Options:
1: Tie them up - Might be a waste if they come to life and are strong enough to break the bonds (metal slices through rope fairly easily)

2: Knock them over - If they animate, we'll at least have a slight advantage or chance to run while they get up.

3: Destroy them - Smash/burn

4: Disassemble and rebuild them into something adorable and non-threatening!!

Stitch votes for #4!
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Comments - Sept 27th session   Comments - Sept 27th session Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:23 pm

I like Stitch's fourth option also. I vote we attack with one of these (Notice the rust--tetanus!):

Comments - Sept 27th session Can_op10
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: Comments - Sept 27th session   Comments - Sept 27th session Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 2:27 pm

I agree with the smashing of the the "guards" because then if they do come alive, they should have been hurt and we have a slight advantage already.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Comments - Sept 27th session   Comments - Sept 27th session Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 9:11 am

Does anyone have any better idea other than trying to tie the statues up? I think we need the party ready to fight in case touching the actual statues results in their animation. I don't think it will, because I think their trigger is the orb, however, one never knows.

As a side note, there was some distribution of magic items last session. Who got what? I'd like to know who got whatever was on the orc shaman, since I killed the guy. How I was unable to search him before anyone else I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Comments - Sept 27th session   Comments - Sept 27th session Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:06 pm

I can see no one's willing to pony up the information about the magic items that were taken. Shady bastards.

I claim the orb!

We definitely need to take out those statues though. I don't know if hemp rope is going to hold them well. They'd have to be wrapped up pretty well, especially if they're stone golems. Any way we can cast an illusion of the orb to try and fool the statues? Think the first Indiana Jones movie where he steals the golden head off the pillar and swaps it with a bag of sand to attempt to fool the trap trigger plate. Maybe this is a bad example (see pic below). (Obviously, I'm working under the assumption that the statues are going to animate).

Comments - Sept 27th session Raidersofthelostarkball
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Comments - Sept 27th session   Comments - Sept 27th session Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 12:48 am

LOL see pic below... 50 exp for making the DM laugh to the point of tears!
Back to top Go down
Peter
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Comments - Sept 27th session   Comments - Sept 27th session Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 9:20 pm

Eric, to your question of the magical loot: there was a wand of cure light wounds, and I took that because I believe I am the only one who can use it. If anyone else can use divine magic, take the wand, then we will effectively have two healers.

Also, there was a ring (or some other form of wearable item) which had resist 5 on all elements (or something like that). Whoever got to the body first, I don't remember who, took that without letting anyone else know, so you only know about it out of game I guess.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Comments - Sept 27th session   Comments - Sept 27th session Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 9:20 pm

Sorry about my horrible memory.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Comments - Sept 27th session   Comments - Sept 27th session Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:03 am

Peter wrote:
Whoever got to the body first, I don't remember who, took that without letting anyone else know, so you only know about it out of game I guess.

That's just the thing. NO ONE would have gotten to the magic-user's body before I did. Look at the picture of the battle mat above. I should have had first dibs on that body. Whoever wrote ring of protection down on their character sheet jumped the gun. This needs to be resolved before we play today.
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: Comments - Sept 27th session   Comments - Sept 27th session Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:59 pm

that would be me. but we figured that out from the next session.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comments - Sept 27th session   Comments - Sept 27th session Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comments - Sept 27th session
Page 1 of 1