Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales

Beware the smiling DM

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Session Recap Jan. 17th

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

Session Recap Jan. 17th Empty
PostSubject: Session Recap Jan. 17th   Session Recap Jan. 17th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:15 pm

Jay - "Stitch" halfling rogue
Kenna - "Dorita" half-orc cleric
Chris - "Bruce Banner" human barbarian
Andrew - "Choarrim" human cleric
Peter - "Belgarath" human wizard/sorcerer/dragon disciple
Stas - "Kazbo Spinfist" gnome sorcerer
Eric - "Andreas" human fighter/wizard/rogue/spellsword/swordmage

The party decided to begin by finding out more concerning the Underdark half-fiend orc that loves magical items. The trail led us to Cvaal, the retired human fighter who was involved in our uber successful Demon Safari. Cvaal's manservant would let the party in the door, so Stitch decided to go through a window--Bruce Banner, one of our new party members, decided an attempt at wall bashing in order to enter was called for. Stitch entered the manor house only to be greeted by Cvaal. Cvaal told Stitch that the orc was named Kannor'vak and led an army known as the Burning Legion. With this information, the group realized they needed some assistance and so went to see the dwarves.

Knowing the party was ultimately trying to help the dwarves find their precious Axe of the Dwarven Lords, the dwarves gave us two Teleport scrolls to assist us. Fargrim Stonehammer, I believe, was the dwarf who either created the scrolls or was able to obtain them.

Keira then teleported us nearby Kannor'vak's lair. Kannor'vak has an entire army of half-fiends. Once we reached Kannor'vak, who sat on a throne at the end of a large cavern, we spoke with him and made a deal concerning the whereabouts of the dwarven axe. The axe is guarded by a purple worm, and if we destroy it the orc has promised that we can keep the axe but everything else will go to him. However, Kannor’vak asked us to take care of a problem he’s been having first. The deal was for the party to mow a lich (which we did) and destroy the brilliant white crystal the lich used to zap living creatures. We destroyed the crystal (I can't remember how for some reason). Belgarath and Choarrim died in the battle with the lich. Belgarath is looking to be resurrected, however. New post on Belgarath's resurrection forthcoming.

We have destroyed the lich, for now (we never found the phylactery) and have yet to return to Kannor’vak (I don’t think we returned to him, I may be wrong). It’s important the party rest, heal, and resurrect Belgarath before we tackle the purple worm. If we need two more Teleport scrolls to do it, the dwarves will just have to suck it up.

I’d like to see a list of magical items from the lich and who took what. I know Andreas received bupkis. *EDIT* To be fair, Anderas is holding on to the lich's two spellbooks.

Last edited by Eric Gaidin on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : misspelling)
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Session Recap Jan. 17th   Session Recap Jan. 17th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:41 pm

Damn...I know Stitch didn't contribute any damage to the Lich, but to leave him off the character list is just cold. Crying or Very sad

Since you've apparently forgotten his presence, I'll assume that you've also forgotten about the $12k in black rubies he pilfered from the Lich's statues. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Session Recap Jan. 17th   Session Recap Jan. 17th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:33 pm

Stitch wrote:
Damn...I know Stitch didn't contribute any damage to the Lich, but to leave him off the character list is just cold. Crying or Very sad

Since you've apparently forgotten his presence, I'll assume that you've also forgotten about the $12k in black rubies he pilfered from the Lich's statues. Very Happy

Whoops, it has been amended. You were first in the recap too, lol.

Ok, awesome. 12,000gp. That's a great start.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Session Recap Jan. 17th   Session Recap Jan. 17th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:50 pm

Just to let you know, the name is Belgarath, not Mel Gorath. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Session Recap Jan. 17th   Session Recap Jan. 17th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:00 pm

Peter wrote:
Just to let you know, the name is Belgarath, not Mel Gorath. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Whoops, I'll change it.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Session Recap Jan. 17th   Session Recap Jan. 17th Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:03 pm

Thank you sir
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Session Recap Jan. 17th   Session Recap Jan. 17th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Session Recap Jan. 17th
Page 1 of 1