Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales

Beware the smiling DM

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark! Empty
PostSubject: Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark!   Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:07 am

I just wanted to remind everyone that we do have a purpose in the Underdark BESIDES killing everything that moves. We're trying to establish what the "terrible evil" is that the dwarves from Khundrakar are so afraid of. Now, obviously, this forthcoming evil must be pretty darn bad if it warranted turning the underside of Waterdeep into a fortress by the dwarves. Needless to say we're not fighting this one on our own (unless we're almost epic level at the time of it's arrival). This means we should question many of the denizens of Undermountain. Diplomacy and Intimidate are going to be the name of the game (in-between sword swings, of course).

I also want to stress the importance of using healing down here. This is not a walk in the woods (pun intended). Use secondwind each battle and do not hesitate to quaff a healing potion.

Thirdly, I'm a little disconcerted that we did not find a way to disarm the icey-wind-of-spiked-death trap. We know the icey wind was attracted to fire but we never found out what produced it. Could it be biological? A chained white dragon that can't fully see down the dark tunnel, and so attacked the blaring white torch that took up the entirety of its vision? I just don't know. It wasn't pressure plate activated, and we never found any switches. It's going to be in our path again unless we find a different route out of Undermountain.

By the way, does anyone remember the name of the ruined building from which we descended into Undermountain? It was, at one time, famous for having an entrance to Undermountain. Which one of us discovered the ruin? I must have been reading the PHB during that part of the game and missed it.

Keep our goal within Undermountain forever at the forefront of memory!
Back to top Go down
Peter
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark!   Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 am

I don't remember the exact name of it, but it used to be called the Portal Inn or something like that, because it was famous for having a portal where adventurers could pay money to enter Undermountain. During the spell plague, the Inn was torn down, and now the portal is just in the middle of a warehouse that was built over top of it.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark!   Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:53 pm

Pete is close. It was the Yawning Portal Inn, and it burned down some time after the Spellplague. A warehouse was built where it used to stand.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark!   Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:19 pm

Also, our purpose here is not just to find what that terrible evil is, but also to find the dwarven axe that is supposedly so powerful.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark!   Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:12 am

The Axe of the Dwarven Lords - artifact item. Hey, we could get the axe and skip out on the dwarves. It's an artifact! Anyone feel like making enemies out of the entire dwarven race? LOL
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark!   Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:20 pm

I'm pretty sure the dwarves in the party may have something to say about that lol
Back to top Go down
Peter
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark!   Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 3:31 pm

Well, as long as we have the full support of the party, I'm down. Whats life without a little risk, I mean suicide. Sadly, I don't think the rest of the party with agree with this, especially a certain bearded fellow.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark!   Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:59 am

Yeah,I forgot about that certain "bearded fellow" being he only appeared last session. Ok, fine, we'll give the axe to the dwarves. Whoever heard of an adventuring party giving away an artifact! I've known people who have found the hand and eye of Vecna. Did they give those away? Noooooooo, they took 'em and ran. Made themselves uber-powerful. I guess we're determined to be mediocre.

As far as our new dwarven PC, imagine how powerful that axe would be in that dwarf's hands? He'd be the mightiest dwarf in Faerun, I'd reckon. Imagine having that title! Wooooo doggy.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark!   Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:02 am

It would be very beneficial if we could establish a contact here in the Underdark. I think we should be thinking about creating a web of eyes and ears down here. We're on a reconaissance mission, so we could use a lot of help.

The problem, obviously, is trust. It's hard to trust someone/something that lives in the Underdark. Stay wary.
Back to top Go down
The Lord-General
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
The Lord-General

PostSubject: Re: Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark!   Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:24 am

Mart is right, it is the Yawning Portal Inn. If any of you played Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark on the PC, you would know this though. That adventure started in Waterdeep at the Yawning Portal.

Great Expansion. Very epic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark!   Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Put on your protective Underoos, we're in the Underdark!
Page 1 of 1