Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales

Beware the smiling DM

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vampires--crap, grab some garlic

Go down 
+2
Uncle Mart
Eric Gaidin
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Empty
PostSubject: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 8:38 am

We're facing a vampire lord and it's going to be a rock 'em, sock'em, drag-out fight. Fantastic. However, we know absolutely nothing about this character. He's probably high up in the Cult of the Dragon hierarchy and he's more than likely chock full of information. We should come up with a plan to subdue the vampire. The heck with the spawn, they're useless. If we can get some information out of the vampire lord we're going to be in a better spot to battle the cult as a whole. They're extremely secretive, and I think that we could learn where some other cells are OR maybe we can even get some names of the top-level leaders. This could be a turning point for our fight.

Remember, we're fighting these cultists because most of us have a connection to Waterdeep. I don't know of everyone's background, but we're fighting to help save a city. That's no small task by any means. If the cult succeeds in creating a dracolich we'll have a much tougher fight on our hands--much tougher.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:51 am

*Rolls a natural 1 on Religion check...

"Vampires are healed by sunbathing and Italian food... quick, get him underground!!"

Uncle Mart
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:42 am

I'd love to drag this bugger out into the sunlight. However, since the MM says nothing about vampire lords being destroyed by sunlight, I'm assuming 4E changed that. What a hoot--vampires now have permanent sunblock!
Back to top Go down
Peter
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:45 am

I believe Mart said that vampires loose their regeneration in sunlight, which would be a good thing, and vampire spawn die in sunlight. This could easily help out the battle, except for the fact that vampires are insanely fast, we could never get away to draw them into sunlight. My recommendation, blow the roof off this place so sunlight can come in Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:51 am

No one ever said Pete was known for his subtlety.
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:53 am

" Me am goin to show Whiteface the real light when I smash in his head. " - Moratorium

In reality though, if we could just hold off until the Vampire goes to sleep we should stand a chance. I say this because, the best attack for us would be to destroy him in his sleep, or just mess up his coffin big time. ( They still have coffins in this edition ??)
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:55 am

Yes they still have coffins. Just an FYI tho... vampires are light sleepers lol
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:08 am

"light sleepers aye??" then we're set if they kill themselves all the time.

I nominate the rogue then, other otherwise it's gonna be a wall of force coming his way.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:13 am

Wall of force... good description hehe. Or gargoyle offensive tackle... whatev
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:27 am

What say you party members?? We fight??
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:31 am

Love the bear! That question should probably go in the DM tabletop section tho. Not that I think the decision to fight is really up to the group at this point. But those types of questions can earn exp for your character if done in that section.
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:11 am

Yah, I'm guessing that Mr. Fangface isn't going to just let us tiptoe back out the door to sneak in later while he's napping.

He's probably pretty pissed that we castrated his puppies.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:53 pm

I agree fully that i'm pretty sure we are obligated to fight. Vampires are fast, very perceptive, and he has already seen us. You can run away, but im staying to fight. The least we could do though is create a plan. My theory, deal with as many minions as possible, aka dragon breath it, then once they are out of the way we all attack the vampire at the same time. Any better ideas?
Back to top Go down
Peter
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:53 pm

It would still be nice if we could blow the roof off though. wheres those fireballs when we need them.
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:19 pm

Stitch fears single combat against no foe, alive or undead.
...but diving headlong into the approaching coven of minions isn't really my cup of tea.

If any of you magnificent meat-shields want to get their attention, I'd be happy to bounce around the outskirts and give them some injections...or go directly to pestering Count Doucheula.
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:55 pm

...I also suspect that the cleric will play a critical role in this encounter...
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:29 pm

We could have waited until daylight for this guy if we had known he was there. However, I'm still calling for the need to subdue him, not kill him. We don't have much to go on as far as finding where other cells of this cult reside. This vampire lord might know. And, btw, I've got a few tricks up my sleeve for the first two rounds. Vampires have gegeneration, which stinks, but I have a set of powers that work well together.

Peter, why don't you focus on killing the vampire spawn. Could you keep them off of me for the first two rounds while I tangle with Count Vlad the Nosepicker? Then we could reverse--you take Count Chocula and I'll work on the spawn. That way we both get our heavy-hiting powers off on him quickly. That should suffice for the first four rounds.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Quote :
...I also suspect that the cleric will play a critical role in this encounter...

...I suspect that'll be true in every major encounter...lol.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Uncle Mart wrote:
Love the bear! That question should probably go in the DM tabletop section tho. Not that I think the decision to fight is really up to the group at this point. But those types of questions can earn exp for your character if done in that section.

I think there's some confusion here. "The Rusty Axe" forum is for simple discussion about where the campaign is going, talk about NPCs, reviews of our current goals, parsing of group treasure, etc. The "DM Tabletop" forum is for actual roleplaying.

Example of post in DM Tabletop:
Andreas walks up to Moratorium and extends his hand in congratulations. "I've never seen a vampire get bent over someone's knee and receive a spanking. That was simply unbelievable." With a chuckle and a shake of his head, Andreas walks to the back of the cave and explores the wall for any hidden secrets.

Something like that.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:19 pm

Ok i am up for that strategy. I'll lead the way, and hopefully get them grouped together so that i can kill as many as possible with my enlarged dragon breath 5 by 5. Then i can greenflame blade the shit out of them, which deals damage to every creature adjacent to the one i hit with the attack. Depending by how well i am rolling, i can probably kill alot of the minions in the first two rounds, and then we can switch positions andreas: ill use my dailies and you take the minions.

The key to this strategy to make it work effective is i have to lead so that i don't hit allies, and we have to get the minions to group together.
Back to top Go down
Max
Lvl 1 Peasant
Lvl 1 Peasant

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:26 pm

Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Rob9
Good luck trying to kill something that's already so dead sexy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:54 pm

Lol F yourself Max... just for that, that's EXACTLY what this vampire looks like.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:36 pm

Well if thats the case, then screw everyone im joining him. if he is the vampire, there is no way we can win.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:53 pm

Peter wrote:

The key to this strategy to make it work effective is i have to lead so that i don't hit allies, and we have to get the minions to group together.

That's where your Arcane Aegis comes in Pete. Make sure you mark different minions each round. You'll draw them to you. When you mark a creature, it's more than just a game mechanic. You taunt them so badly that they are driven to go after you. That's why they take a -2 penalty to anyone else they try to attack--you have them very distracted. Aegis is built for exactly this. Draw the minions towards you and let the rest of the party deal with vamps.

After writing this, I've thought of another option. The rogue is a striker so we need him going toe to toe with the vamp. He should have more of a damage output then we do. Pete, you and I should draw the minions away--two is much more affective than one. Then, we let the massive warden, rogue, and cleric focus on the vampire. Conrad, you have radiant powers and therefore can do the most damage to vamps. All systems go on anything radiant--the wrath of Tempus will shine forth! That means a striker, defender, and a leader will focus on the vampire lord; not a bad combo. Pete and I will draw the minions while Moratorium becomes the damage sponge.

What does everyone think of that?

P.S. Max, it's good to see ya!
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:00 am

Uncle Mart wrote:
Lol F yourself Max... just for that, that's EXACTLY what this vampire looks like.

I'm pulling out Mart's N'SYNC collection then to distract the vampire due to his lust for boy-band fame and twelve-year-old groupies. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampires--crap, grab some garlic   Vampires--crap, grab some garlic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vampires--crap, grab some garlic
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next