Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales

Beware the smiling DM

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Before we see half-fiend orc face again...

Go down 
+2
Stitch
Eric Gaidin
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Empty
PostSubject: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:57 pm

I proposed this is another forum but I think it fits best here. I'd like two days top-side to write about 8-9 spells into my spellbook from the confiscated lich's spellbooks. It'll vastly increase my repertoire and it'll make us much more versatile. I plan on essentially memorizing utility spells--as a swordmage my magic doesn't necessarily have to be combat focused because, well, my bastard sword's pretty damn combat focused.

I'd like to propose burning our last Teleport scroll to go back to Chateau Anderway. Give me two days, if you could be so kind. We can also then recruit another party member (Pete) and have a discussion with the dwarves.

The discussion with the dwarves will be tricky. We know where the axe is, essentially. We have to be careful not to reveal that information lest the dwarves decide to bypass us and go after it themselves. Not mentioning it at all would be best, I think.

Is everyone up for a two-day hiatus before we launch into purple worm territory?
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:33 am

I don't think going back to HQ will burn our last Teleport scroll. Don't we currently have 2? (one left from the dwarves, and one that we found on the Lich)

Either way, the plan works for Stitch. He wouldn't mind doing a bit of light shopping, since there's no point in saving his coins when there's a strong likelihood of him soon being Worm food. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:15 pm

i think we have 3 scrolls of teleport. I originally had 2, but we got teleportred in by "what's her name" and then we found an additional scroll on the lich.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:13 pm

Well if we have three scrolls are problems are solved. That's the exact number we need. The fist to go back to Chateau Anderway, the second to return to Kannor'vak, and the third to go home again.
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:26 pm

I don't know if this was was discussed already...but per the description, Teleport only covers the caster + 1 additional creature per 3 caster levels.

I assume maybe this wasn't an issue, since the almighty Keira was the caster before, but will this be an issue if any of our party members are the caster?

Or was this detail simply overridden by our gracious DM, because it's annoying?

If not, Stitch calls shotgun on the teleport train! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:03 pm

This wasn't an issue because of Keira. Kazbo Spinfist can only teleport three people total. Once Pete's wizard enters the picture that number will be upped to four total. You're right, we're a little stuck here. I didn't even think of that.

Well folks, new plan. There's gotta be a shortcut out of this place. Secret passages must abound in the Underdark--mind you, I have no way of qualifying that statement, I just figure the Underdark has secrets everywhere.

We can fight our way 9 levels up, which is going to make the next session one hell of a dungeon crawl. If we're forced to go that route, I think we can make it. I'd advise we go silent like and avoid as much confrontation as possible.

The other possibility is this. Kazbo could teleport out, find Keira, use party funds to buy two more scrolls, and then teleport back with her. It's more expensive for the party but it at least gets us out without having to hack our way through.
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:41 pm

with any luck pete's next character will be a straight forward caster with a high use magic device check. if he comes back at lvl 9 then we're set.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:51 pm

Actually this was overlooked because I simply forgot about it lol. Keira is only caster level 10. Thank you for bringing this little detail to my attention! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:14 am

Oh shit. I hate you Jay. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:59 am

Haha.
Part of the reason I brought it up is because I'm starting to understand how devious Mart can be, and I thought he might be waiting to spring that detail on us once we cast the spell.

...leaving one of us stranded in the Underdark while he crossed his arms and grinned. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:47 pm

No, I actually just forgot about it. But you are correct, sir. I would not hesitate. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:53 pm

Mart's last three posts ended with the evil emoticon. Beware. affraid
Back to top Go down
Peter
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:47 pm

Well, I'll cast the spell since I have the highest caster level, guess that rules me out of being left behind. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:33 pm

what level? and build are you coming back as pete?
Back to top Go down
Peter
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:50 am

Level 7 wizard
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:03 am

The only problem Pete is that you're not down in the Underdark. That is, unless, Mart Jedi handwaves you into the game. I assumed we were going to have to get out of the Underdark to pick up our newest party member. It'd be interesting to meet your character down there though--think of the story possibilities.

Mart,
Where are we going to meet Pete's new character?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Ehem... *clears throat... YOU DON'T KNOW!
Back to top Go down
Peter
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:33 pm

Ehem... *clears throat... Do I know where I am, or do I have amnesia.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:37 pm

You know where you are. I'll tell you at the table. It has no impact on anything before hand.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:10 pm

Well, it could have an impact. A second (more powerful) caster could help get the whole party out of the Underdark. I could try it, but that would take an amazing caster level check on my part to use that Teleport scroll.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:09 am

As I said, it has no impact on anything that happens BEFORE we get to the table. But if you must know, you'll be meeting Pete in the Underdark before you head back to the surface.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:47 am

Well then, Stas and Pete can use two of the Teleport scrolls and get all of us back to the surface. How many scrolls do we have? 3? Who has these scrolls (who wrote them on their character sheet? I didn't.)
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:55 am

No scrolls on Stitch.

As a side note, what is the party treasury looking like? Stitch's roguish mind is thinking that a Bag of Holding might be a good party investment when we hit the surface.

Assuming that the confrontation with the Purple Worm doesn't end in disaster, we're going to need to fill our pockets as much as possible and teleport out of there hastily...before Mr. Half-Fiend Orc gets any double-cross opportunities (think Goonies).

As much as the orc clearly can't wield the axe, I'm sure he'd love it for his collection. Maybe Stitch is racially profiling a bit here, or maybe he's just paranoid, but he really doesn't expect the half-field to keep his word in any way. It just can't be that easy.

Anyway, that's the Rogue's two cents... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:26 am

I don't have the sheet in front of me, but I believe the party fund is a little over 6,000gp. I'll have to confirm that.

No, we can't give Kannor'Vak a chance to double cross us. Even if he can't use the axe he sure as hell wouldn't want it getting into the hands of the dwarves. We need Teleport scrolls at the ready so we can beat feet once we get the axe. Stas and Peter will be our highest casters so they'll be needing the scrolls.

A bag of holding is a great idea. A Type I bag is only 2,500gp (max content weight 250 lbs.) A Type II bag is 5,000gp (max content weight 500 lbs.) I think it'd be worth it to buy a Type II--you never know what we might have to toss in there. Great idea Jay.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:26 pm

It's spelled Kannor'Vok, Eric. What's the going rate these days... 2 points off for mispelling? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before we see half-fiend orc face again...   Before we see half-fiend orc face again... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Before we see half-fiend orc face again...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next