Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales

Beware the smiling DM

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I am no longer allowed to....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

I am no longer allowed to.... Empty
PostSubject: I am no longer allowed to....   I am no longer allowed to.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:59 pm

this is a list of things I have found people are no longer allowed to do in game. Just thought I'd share, some leave you going, "no duh" and others might leave you thinking "wait....what?"

ITT: Things we should never do again in a game.
-I am never again to play a low INT Barbarian based of Lenny from of Mice and Men

-I can't play a low INT Cleric, based off John Coffey from the Green Mile

-I can't convince the entire group to play retards with insane MinMaxed Stats, all with Int lower than 6 and plow through the entire campaign BBEG and all with no way for the GM to get us back on tracks because we don't really understand IC whats going on...

I'm no longer allowed to play a Paladin that can't heal. I personally thought it was a funny build, but whatever.

I am banned from playing Kobolds.
(side note:Why? What's bad with Kobolds? I mean, aside from being selfish bloodthirsty killers. Oh wait, all PCs are like that.)

-If I am in a small, enclosed, space, such as the cabin of a ship, my sorcerer's pyromania is not enough to justify casting a buffed-up Fireball.

-I am not to "try every race in the brothel".

-If Xenomorphs do not exist in nWoD Mage, I am not allowed to use my Life and Death dots to create them.

-"Apply liberal amounts of truck and/or bulldozer to the back wall" is not the way to get into a vampire party unnoticed.

-We are not to enlist the sea elves as cannon fodder.

I'm banned from playing fighters, paladins and rangers.

I cannot run a horror campaign without giving the players advance warning of at least three weeks, and 'cooldown breaks' every two hours.

I am no longer allowed to play LE,LG,LN
(Well, my very first DnD character was a Lawful Evil Wizard. I started out with a spell book and a back pack of junk and through politics ended up with a small kingdom and could employ any amount of adventurers I wanted. He said that that was end game for the Wizard and I said okay and rolled a sorcerer who did the same thing.

After that, he banned me from playing LE and I said OK and rolled up a LG Barbarian. I started out with a spear and some furs and ended with a group of territories I had waged war against. I was killed in battle, but had established the founding of a kingdom, so I consider it a success. After I rolled up several of his children and their children who finished his job he banned LG.

Finally, I rolled up an LN Fighter, who was played like the guards from Oblivion. Banned after the first 3 sessions.

Now, I DM mostly and his blood pressure is probably better.)

I will not under any circumstances use any book for character creation other than the PHB and the DMG.

-I am never to enlist the aid of both Mr. Wizard and Bill Nye in constructing my new lab with a "money is no object" attitude.

My gnome illusionist is not allowed to start taking conjuration spells "for the lawls"

I am not allowed to play a Rogue with no skill in lockpick or traps.

I am no longer allowed to play a 320 pound obese rogue with an 18 in charisma.

I am not allowed to make a rogue in such a way that every other party member except for the cleric is sneakier than me.

I am no longer allowed to minmax and optimize a character for using crossbows.

Long story short, sniped the BBEG (Big Bad Evil Guy) from nearly half-way across a city from the top of a mage's tower.

Banned from playing Kender. The DM now includes kender holocaust in the backstory every single campaign.

Banned from playing Rogue/Monk gestalts.

I'm not allowed to play anything with sneak attack dice anymore.

1. I am no longer allowed to play a mobster named the hammer who tortures people while telling them the story of why he's called the hammer.

I am no longer allowed to play a mage with high strength.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: I am no longer allowed to....   I am no longer allowed to.... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:25 am

Quote :
Banned from playing Kender. The DM now includes kender holocaust in the backstory every single campaign.

That's the best one--gotta respect a DM who can't stand kender. They really are friggin' annoying.
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: I am no longer allowed to....   I am no longer allowed to.... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:34 pm

lol, all they do is hold stuff for you anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am no longer allowed to....   I am no longer allowed to.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am no longer allowed to....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales :: D&D 3.5 :: General Banter-
Jump to: