Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales

Beware the smiling DM

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

no more ECL?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

no more ECL? Empty
PostSubject: no more ECL?   no more ECL? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 12:46 am

Apparently ECL and LA are gone with Pathfinder. Take a look:
http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/rules/noMoreECL

James Jacobs (Editor in Chief):
"ECL is not a part of the Pathfinder RPG. Nor is LA (level adjustment). There's some discussion in both the PRPG and in the Bestiary about what to do if a player wants to play an unusual race, but the application of easilly-abused rules like ECL is no longer a part of it.

Of course, if those rules worked for your group, the game's compatible enough that they'll still work with PRPG. And eventually we might do a "Savage Species" style book that goes into deep detail on how to deal with PC races that deviate far from the norm. But honestly, with the increase in power to the base races, any of the previously-known-as-ECL +1 races should work fine hand in hand with the standard PC races.

EDIT: The Council of Thieves Player's Guide has a fair amount of advice for how to use a tiefling as a PC race. It's a free PDF, so you can download it and use some of the advice or solutions there for other races pretty easily."

Has anyone seen this Council of Thieves pdf??? I'd like to get my hands on that. A tiefling would be a kickass character in 3.x.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

no more ECL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more ECL?   no more ECL? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 12:50 am

Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

no more ECL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more ECL?   no more ECL? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:55 pm

the loss of ECL is great, and if i read it correctly on some other board, there does exsist an option of upping the creatures hit dice in their stat block. Almost like in the 4E books where if was a solo, or group mob and etc..
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

no more ECL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more ECL?   no more ECL? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:00 am

Anything that can make redundant or broken rules obsolete gets my vote. I'd like to see what a PC would have to do to play a troll, or some other creature that used to have a LA.
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

no more ECL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more ECL?   no more ECL? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:06 pm

i'd love to play an ogre lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

no more ECL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more ECL?   no more ECL? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

no more ECL?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales :: Pathfinder - D&D 3.75 :: Rules / Game Mechanics-
Jump to: