Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales

Beware the smiling DM

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's the deal with Mystra?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

What's the deal with Mystra? Empty
PostSubject: What's the deal with Mystra?   What's the deal with Mystra? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:40 am

Stitch wrote:
...and just for the record, Stitch is a little curious about the references to Mystra that the vampire made. Not that he has any interest in her in particular...but any quest involving the gods is bound to be exciting...

I thought this was so interesting it deserved its own thread, great point Stitch. What was it exactly the vampire was offering us? Was it the chance to raise Mystra? She died, causing the spell plague correct? I'm also a little curious about how a vampire has the knowledge to raise a goddess. I'm sure that's one high-lvl ritual. Where the heck did he come across that?

The answers to these questions mean another round of diplomacy with Toothy, and I don't know how receptive he's going to be towards a parley. I DO think it would be neat to have a conversation with him concerning Mystra though. He's our only connection to raising Mystra, if the party is getting that in their minds, and that means we'd have to go through him. Of course, we could slay him, loot his things and come up with the ritual that way. Sure as heck couldn't perform the ritual though because none of us would be of a level to master it first.

Any other thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Stitch

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Mystra?   What's the deal with Mystra? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:04 am

I didn't get the impression that he actually has the means to raise her himself.
I suspect he knows OF a way to bring about her return, and he was willing to set us on that path in exchange for our services.

In that case, dusting him will reveal nothing.
...unless I'm wrong and he really does have a wand of God-Rez in his pocket!

I don't know that he's still willing to barter with us for his knowledge...and beating the information out of him is clearly a task we're not quite capable of yet...so this could very well be something that we put aside for now, and pursue when we revisit him later.

This is all of course assuming that he wasn't just full of crap and lying to us.
Back to top Go down
Durai
Lvl 1 Peasant
Lvl 1 Peasant

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Mystra?   What's the deal with Mystra? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:52 pm

I also got the impression that he has the knowledge of a way, not the means. Yeah, Hemo-gobbler certainly will not want to talk to any of us. The only chances of getting the information from him seem to be making him submit without killing him(unlikely) or sending Stas's new character in (which is dangerous, may be difficult regarding in-character reasons, and generally not the strong point of Stas's style of character).

Also remember that he is an undead wizard, who usually have a particular dark focus in their studies, so the revival of Mystra that he's talking about may not involve so much life. That said, I'm not sure Mart would do that. It certainly isn't outside the realm of possibility. I don't know much about the Cult of the Dragon and I'm not sure how much is known in-game, but it's possible that that is their goal or a step in their plans. Hell, that could have been why they were helping the vamp or he could have found out through them.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Mystra?   What's the deal with Mystra? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:25 am

You think the vamp would raise Mystra just to kill her and make her an undead? Wow, can you imagine the god of magic an undead? Now that's a scary thought. Say goodbye to the world of the living. On the other hand, we came close to defeating him, so there's no way he'd be powerful enough to turn Mystra into a zombie.

I think he may know of a way too. However, we definitely need more time--and experience--before we face him again. It'll be much easier then. There are a lot of other things we can be doing (see my other post in that respect).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the deal with Mystra?   What's the deal with Mystra? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the deal with Mystra?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales :: The Current Campaign :: The Rusty Axe-
Jump to: