Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales

Beware the smiling DM

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Preparing for fight with Erebus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

Preparing for fight with Erebus Empty
PostSubject: Preparing for fight with Erebus   Preparing for fight with Erebus Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:33 am

Whether we fight with Erebus or the drow, we need to make some pretty substantial preparations. The problem is, money is very tight. There's 3,000gp in the party fund and I think it should go towards buying healing potions. Fortunately, however, we're in Waterdeep which means whatever we need is available.

The fight with Erebus is going to difficult because of Erebus' wily and dexterous nature. Therefore we need magic that will slow him down and hinder him. The fighters and melee combatants should swarm him. A Hold Person spell would be ideal. I actually have a wand of Hold Person so I think I'm going to try that for a couple of rounds. I think the key here is rooting Erebus to one spot. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for fight with Erebus   Preparing for fight with Erebus Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:27 am

maybe instead of healing potions we can get some scrolls of spell immunity for the cleric. if i remember right kenna is lvl 8?? and that would provide us immunity for 2 spells. we can think real hard about what we've seen from the past in terms of spells thrown at us. I'd also recommend loading up on resistance spells, or protection from (blank).
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for fight with Erebus   Preparing for fight with Erebus Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:12 am

Stas, protecting Kenna is a great idea, no question about that. However, Kenna would be better off firing all sorts of spells at Erebus rather than playing field medic. At 8th level she can cast fourth level spells. If I were her, I'd cast a Spell Immunity on herself and a Holy Smite at Erebus, which would cause 4d8 damage and possibly blind him. If we can blind him, it'd go really far in slowing Mr. Nimbles down.

At this point, I think Kenna's divine magic is more useful in keeping herself able to fight the bad guy than in healing us.
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for fight with Erebus   Preparing for fight with Erebus Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 10:41 am

I meant we buy spell immunity scrolls for her to cast on us.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for fight with Erebus   Preparing for fight with Erebus Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:31 am

Keep in mind, gentlemen, that you have very little time left. The Drow are coming NOW, which means Erebus will be making his move. Your characters won't have much time for shopping.
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for fight with Erebus   Preparing for fight with Erebus Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 3:34 pm

......I buy lots of boats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for fight with Erebus   Preparing for fight with Erebus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Preparing for fight with Erebus
Page 1 of 1