Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales

Beware the smiling DM

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments Empty
PostSubject: Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments   Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:34 am

Pete = "Sparrhawk" human cleric of Tempus
Stas = "Kazbo Spinfist" gnome sorcerer
Jay = "Stitch" halfling rogue
Kenna = "Dorita" half-orc cleric of Tempus
Eric = "Andreas" human fighter/wizard/rogue/spellsword

The party started off in Chateau Anderway (can't believe that's the name). We learned a little more about our HQ: it's actually part of the vast underground complex the dwarves have been contructing beneath Waterdeep. Our entranceway splits off into two tunnels, of which murder holes are stationed throughout. Intruders would have to get past those in order to get to the main chamber. (Mart, it would be awesome if you could give us a quick sketch/diagram of the layout of Chateau Anderway).

While in the HQ, a messenger boy knocked on our front door and said that Nathaniel of the Rusty Axe had a message for Andreas. The party went to the Rusty Axe and met Nathaniel, who informed Andreas that a letter was waiting for him upstairs in one of the rooms. The party stayed in the tavern downstairs while Andreas proceeded to the letter.

Once upstairs, Andreas cast Detect Magic on the letter and found it had abjuration magic that disipated. When he opened the letter, an explosive rune spell activated and caused some major damage. Before the letter exploded, however, Andreas noticed the symbol of the Cult of the Dragon (stylized flames with a pair of eyes in the middle). Two men in cloaks entered the room, and dropped Andreas. The rest of the party heard the explosion and came running of the stairs. Men in cloaks appeared outside and inside the inn. Pandemonium ensued.

Nathaniel fought bravely but lay dying until he was healed by Dorita, the half-orc cleric. Sparrhawk died under a hail of enemy arrows. Sparrhawk did in fact blind the only wizard that we were fighting. We'll have to find out who that was also. Someone must have seen him on the rooftop. I'm sure we can identify him (maybe pay for a divination).

The Rusty Axe has an entire section of wall blown out from an explosive magic device used by one of the rogues. Nathaniel is a mess having been revived. We now have to worry about the Cult of the Dragon again, on top of trying to find the Axe of the Dwarven Lords. Fun stuff!
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments   Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:53 pm

I guess they (Cult of the Dragon) didn't forget about us.
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments   Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:58 pm

We definitely need to take a page from the cultist handbook and score some acess to explosive runes. So fun!

-Enemies in the next room: Slide an envelope under the door that says "Urgent News!" on it. *KABOOM!!*
-Enemies across a divide: Fold that bad boy into a paper airplane and wait for curiousity to win out. *KABOOM!*

I want one just to fold up and keep in my belt pouch that says "Secret Treasure Map" on it. I'll have the last laugh if/when some lucky scoundrel gets the best of me and tries to loot my corpse!!
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments   Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:59 pm

All of these sound like great ideas, if fact I think we may have stumbled upon the "annoying" spell of the campaign.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments   Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:30 pm

Stumble my ass... I threw it in your face lol!
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments   Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:51 am

well, prepare for rune war!!!
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments   Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 8:51 pm

I think Blindness/Deafness will ALWAYS be annoying spell of the campaign. And no Mart, you threw it in MY face. You were very specific...it was addressed to me. Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments   Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:43 am

Any time! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments   Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dec. 7th Session - Summary and Comments
Page 1 of 1