It's time to switch to 3.5

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: It's time to switch to 3.5   Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:21 pm

Hey folks,
I’ve been doing a lot of reading regarding the Pathfinder and Trailblazer mods for 3.5. They’re getting gushing reviews and a lot of fanfare. I’ll be getting Trailblazer this weekend when I get paid and I’ll be happy to farm it out to you guys (it’s a PDF). There’s really no reason to continue playing 4E. 3.5 is real D&D, where the complete creativity and imagination is in the players’ hands. 4E is a game designed around people who just can’t grasp 3.5. It’s a simplified version, a shell of real D&D. Pathfinder and Trailblazer have both been described as exactly what 3.75 should have been.

I’ve spoken with Mart at length about a conversion, and here’s what we’ve come up with. First, same characters. We simply convert our 4E characters to 3.5. We’re 7th lvl. (Stitch’s sneak attack is going to be gruesome!) Pete, Mart has created stats for 3.5 dragonborn, breath weapon and all. You and I are either a spellsword or a duskblade prestige class. We get to chose. Everyone else’s character is straight out of 3.5. Andrew is a cleric (I believe he survived the vamp, right?), Stas is a halfling sorcerer (Trailblazer fixed sorcerers), Kenna—if she continues to play—is a dwarven fighter. That takes care of characters.

Second, same storyline. There’s no reason to change anything here except the gaming system under which we’re operating. The storyline will continue on, the NPCs will remain the same.

In all, the only thing that would change would be the gaming system. The heck with rituals. Let’s bring 9th spells back! And spell resistance, as it should be. AND SAVING THROWS! 4E is a good introductory version of D&D—it’s D&D-lite. We’re all experienced gamers; it’s time to take the kid-gloves off.

Let me know your opinions. I've sent this same message via e-mail.
~Eric
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: It's time to switch to 3.5   Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:20 pm

3.75!![i][u]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: It's time to switch to 3.5   Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:26 pm

After reviewing Pathfinder and Trailblazer, I believe Pathfinder is the way to go. It truly is 3.75

http://paizo.com/pathfinder

Pick up the core rulebook for $31 and FREE shipping from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Core-Rulebook/dp/1601251505/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251753937&sr=8-1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's time to switch to 3.5   

Back to top Go down

It's time to switch to 3.5
Page 1 of 1