Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales

Beware the smiling DM

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pasty-Face McGraw Part II

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Durai
Lvl 1 Peasant
Lvl 1 Peasant

Pasty-Face McGraw Part II Empty
PostSubject: Pasty-Face McGraw Part II   Pasty-Face McGraw Part II Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:39 pm

Ok fellow harbingers of justice (and Stitch), I have a plan to paste Pasty-Face.

Step 1. Cut a hole in the box- crap wrong plan.

First, we acquire a Nail of Sealing. Second, we have a sneak scouting to see when he sleeps. We nail him in his coffin and toboggan his coffin with him inside down the stairs. If it kills him, awesome. If not, we have all of us in good health against one of him (plus or minus 30 or so minions) with out the stairs acting as a bottleneck or being hurled over 40ft cliffs. Hell, to get out he'd have to perform the knock ritual, make a DC 30 Strength or Thievery Check, or destroy his coffin so we might even be able to bring him out into the sun or set further traps to take him out. If we execute the plan quickly enough, we should be able to avoid fighting Thrall Moritorium and get him a rez.

Remember, he's so pissed at us (me in particular) and if allowed to live with probably return with even more trouble.

So what say you? Will you let this shame stand? Or do you want to kill the dead?
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Pasty-Face McGraw Part II   Pasty-Face McGraw Part II Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:36 am

It's a great plan. Here's my only issue: why do we need to go back? We got our rears tanned by that vampire. The lesson we SHOULD have learned from that encounter is that Bloodless MacBloodlust is a lot more powerful than we are. Take the hit on the chin, recognize mistakes, and move on. There's a whole big world out there--a world so big, in fact, that we can gain so much experience that one day, when we're firmly set traveling down our paragon paths, we can pay Toothy McTootherson another visit. Any oh my, won't HE be surprised!

My recommendation is this. We take a dose of humility here. The vamp cleaned our clock. Ok, so we know that at this point in time we should be careful around high-powered undead (though when you think about it, I don't think it was much of a revelation, just a confirmation of what none of us wanted to admit). There are a bunch of plot threads we can easily pursue. Here are some of them:

1) I was told by Nathaniel, innkeeper of The Rusty Axe, that the dwarves are digging all over Waterdeep, in places they're not supposed to be. No one knows what they're up to, so it would be pretty neat to find out.

2) We had an evistro mess with the party and that pride-wound has not been accounted for. The demon left the boy's body right before impact of the oh-so-splatter-cool ballista we had made. So, he's out there somewhere. The other question we never answered is why was the evistro possessing the boy? Bairwhin's ritual book had no such ritual for summoning demons, so he did not do it. Then who did? There's a big chunk of the story we're missing there.

3) Leave Waterdeep? I have a large, rolled-up map of Faerun and let me tell you, it is HUGE. Where else do we want to explore?
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Pasty-Face McGraw Part II   Pasty-Face McGraw Part II Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:18 pm

I think it's worth noting that we'd be far more prepared on a second go against the vamp if/when we decide to take a stab at him (pun!). We know what he's able to throw at us, and I think we're also quite sure about a potential weakness - which we only had a slight suspicion about previously. Also, it seems like we'd have less minion fodder to wade through.

That being said however, I agree that attempt #2 is something we can put on hold for a bit. As much as we're more informed, I definitely wouldn't mind a few more levels under our collective belts. Plus, now we have an arch enemy...and that always makes things more exciting!

*I'd be curious to investigate the dwarven activity more. We have a clear issue there.
*I don't know that we have any leads that would allow us to further pursue the evistro-demon-thing.
*I also don't think we necessarily need to leave Waterdeep yet, since there's so much interesting stuff going on here!

...and just for the record, Stitch is a little curious about the references to Mystra that the vampire made. Not that he has any interest in her in particular...but any quest involving the gods is bound to be exciting...
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

PostSubject: Re: Pasty-Face McGraw Part II   Pasty-Face McGraw Part II Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 6:33 am

Stitch wrote:

*I'd be curious to investigate the dwarven activity more. We have a clear issue there.
*I don't know that we have any leads that would allow us to further pursue the evistro-demon-thing.
*I also don't think we necessarily need to leave Waterdeep yet, since there's so much interesting stuff going on here!

I truly believe we should look into what the dwarves have been up to. They're tunneling all over and could very easily tick off the denizens of the Underdark if they're disturbed. This just reeks of adventure, and I'm looking forward to exploring the Underdark beneath Waterdeep since it's rumored to be full of secrets, fun (for adventurers that is), and treasure!
Back to top Go down
The Pirate
Lvl 1 Peasant
Lvl 1 Peasant

PostSubject: Re: Pasty-Face McGraw Part II   Pasty-Face McGraw Part II Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:45 am

batman with planning always wins- become the batman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pasty-Face McGraw Part II   Pasty-Face McGraw Part II Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pasty-Face McGraw Part II
Page 1 of 1