Share | 

Switch the boards to Google Groups?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Switch the boards to Google Groups?   Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:03 am

I've been using Google Groups for over a year with my martial arts organization. It's very effective, clean, and straightforward. In fact, I really think it'd be the best format for gaming. These boards seem very rigid, and deciding which category to post in is superfluous. Plus, and I think this is the best part, the discussion on Google Groups can be sent to your email as ONE email for every 25 posts. It's called a digest email. Or, you can receive a daily email that shows you the posts for that day. Folks who never visit these boards can then stay involved with the conversation on Google Groups right from their email. You can also respond from email, so you never need to log in to Google Groups.

For that reason alone I think we should migrate these boards over to Google Groups. It'd be a better way to get all eight PCs into the conversation and using the forum more frequently.

Take a look: http://groups.google.com/

It's awesome!
~Eric
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stitch
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch the boards to Google Groups?   Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:10 am

I'm neutral on it.

I don't mind checking these boards, and I like that it's segregated from my email...but it's fine with me if moving to Google is better for other people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch the boards to Google Groups?   Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:41 pm

I think we need a clean swipe of everything on this board, too many superfluous links. Perhaps that could aid in our renewal of internet interconnectivity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch the boards to Google Groups?   Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:36 pm

Rikan wrote:
I think we need a clean swipe of everything on this board, too many superfluous links. Perhaps that could aid in our renewal of internet interconnectivity.

Well, I could start using the topic trimming feature if you wish. I only turned trimming off because I thought it'd be neat to revisit these threads from time to time just to remember past campaigns. However, if this is creating to much superfluity, then I'll trim away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch the boards to Google Groups?   

Back to top Go down

Switch the boards to Google Groups?
Page 1 of 1