Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales

Beware the smiling DM

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Optional Rule

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

Optional Rule Empty
PostSubject: Optional Rule   Optional Rule Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:49 am

Eric, I want to discuss something with you. There is a Horde mechanic in the Warhammer 40k RPG that I play. As the name suggests, it's an abstract way of dealing with combat when your PCs are facing massive numbers of opponents. Granted that RPG is d100 based instead of d20, but I'm working on adapting it to Pathfinder. Trust me, it makes the DMs job in those situations 100 times more streamlined and combat goes much smoother and faster. For example, last time I ran a session of that game my players faced off against around 300 opponents. The players are genetically enhanced super soldiers, and their enemy was just massed fodder, but still a combat like that in Pathfinder would take all night due to sheer numbers. The fight took about 15 minutes. If I can adapt the rules to the d20 system, I'll definitely be using this in any future campaigns that I run. I'll fill you in on the details when I see you, but I think you'll be interested.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

Optional Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optional Rule   Optional Rule Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:13 pm

Mart,
That sounds interesting and it sounds like a decent mechanic for handling hordes. Once you have it developed you should come over one time and we'll play test it. That way we don't take away from game time.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

Optional Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optional Rule   Optional Rule Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Will do. I'm almost done. Just trying to work out a few points.
Back to top Go down
Eric Gaidin
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Eric Gaidin

Optional Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optional Rule   Optional Rule Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Uncle Mart wrote:
Will do. I'm almost done. Just trying to work out a few points.

No problem, you have some time. I won't need the mechanic for about 1 more month Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Optional Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: Optional Rule   Optional Rule Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Optional Rule
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales :: Pathfinder - D&D 3.75 :: Rules / Game Mechanics-
Jump to: