Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales

Beware the smiling DM

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Lord-General
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
The Lord-General

Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9 Empty
PostSubject: Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9   Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:46 pm

Check out the next phase of Tau battlesuits with experimental weaponry. They look pretty nasty.

Mart, yes these are all legal in Apocalypse. Forgeworld's Imperial Armour Apocalypse II has the datasheets and rules.

XV-9 COMMANDER (some kind of energy shield and B.F.G.)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Tau/TAU-BATTLESUITS-AND-DRONES/TAU-BATTLESUIT-COMMANDER-SHAS-O-RALAI-WITH-DRONES.html

XV9-01 WITH FUSION CASCADES (rapid fire meltaguns?)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Tau/TAU-BATTLESUITS-AND-DRONES/TAU-XV9-01-WITH-FUSION-CASCADES.html
Mounting cutting-edge fusion gun variants that can be used with the high-tech systems of the XV-9. The Fusion Cascade engulfs its target in powerful melta energy. It fires in bursts, meaning that despite each charge being less powerful than an Imperial equivalent, it can overwhelm its target through weight of fire.

TAU XV9-04 WITH PHASED ION GUNS (a cyclic ion blaster and ion cannon mix)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Tau/TAU-BATTLESUITS-AND-DRONES/TAU-XV9-04-WITH-PHASED-ION-GUNS.html
The XV-9-04 wields Phased Ion Guns – these experimental weapons seek to develop the rapid-firing technology of the Cyclic Ion blaster and vehicle mounted Ion Cannon into a stable battlesuit system. The long accelerators of the Phased Ion Gun allow the pilot to engage the enemy at range with a storm of projectiles that react explosively on an atomic level, decimating heavily armoured infantry and vehicles.

XV9 HAZARD CLOSE SUPPORT ARMOUR (it looks like it is armed with either 2 twin-linked burst cannons or 4 burst cannons, alot of shots either way)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Tau/TAU-BATTLESUITS-AND-DRONES/XV9-HAZARD-CLOSE-SUPPORT-ARMOUR.html
The most cutting-edge of the battlesuit technology utilised by the Fire Caste of the Tau Empire, the XV-9 'Hazard' Close Support Armour is an original battlesuit design intended to act as a powerful counter-attack unit and weapons platform.
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9   Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:52 pm

these are awesome
Back to top Go down
The Lord-General
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
The Lord-General

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9   Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 5:47 pm

They have rules out now for the Commander in the XV-9 suit. The one I labelled energy shield and B.F.G. That is a hell of a gun he carries. That is probably why his special ammunition is labelled as "warheads" in the pdf.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/s/comralai.pdf
Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9   Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:38 pm

BFG alright lol. For 225 pts he's nuts. My only concern, that all 3 of the special ammos are GET HOT.
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9   Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:47 pm

Fun rifle...but IMO, 225 pts seem a bit steep, considering the Gets Hot risk.
(The whole idea of fielding an unreliable experimental suit seems very un-Tau-like)

Granted the Eclipse Shield is dirty, but you can pimp-out a fairly potent standard Shas'O for much less...without worring about wounding yourself.
Back to top Go down
The Lord-General
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
The Lord-General

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9   Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 11:10 am

Stitch, you play(ed) 40k?

I think I recall you or Eric said you were from the Rockaway area. If you still play 40k or want to get back into it, on Thursday nights I usually get a game in at Mighty Titans on rt 10 in Denville/Roxbury. Mart and Ry were down this past Thursday and Stas has been there a few times as well.

I haven't seen Stas there recently, but this just leads me to believe that he is bidding his time and building his horde of Nids up to get revenge against my Imperial Guard.
--------

Forgeworld always overprice's their models. It's more about the nice models with them and the rules are secondary so it can be used. Using the Baneblade as an example, they originally had it at 634pts. Apocalypse came out and GW made the Baneblade 500pts and upped the main cannon from a 5" template to a 10" template. The Warhound titan got similar treatment.

Back to top Go down
Rikan
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Rikan

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9   Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:32 am

I have been putting some new models together, but they are space marines lol. Also I had to work most nights, but seeing as how classes have started up again I have a little bit more leeway for killing those guards of yours.
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9   Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:06 am

@ Dave

I live a block away from Mighty Titans. I actually just discovered that place recently and have been playing D&D there on Fridays.

I never really got into playing 40k for money/time reasons...and also I didn't know anybody who played when I moved to NJ. I like the fluff and the books though, particularly Tau stuff, so I've read most of the codexes. Plus, I like to paint, so I troll a lot of 40k forums for technique stuff.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Mart
Admin
Uncle Mart

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9   Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 6:18 pm

Interesting...

Jay I happen to have a rather large Tau army that I rarely play, and certainly just don't have the time to paint. If you're interested in painting some Tau, I could show you the color scheme I use and you would be more than welcome to play them as often as you'd like during the process. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
The Lord-General
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
The Lord-General

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9   Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:47 pm

If you ever want to get a game in and try it out, let me know.

*** Mart isn't kidding when he says "fairly large." There is about 4,000 points of stuff together, another 3,000 points of stuff on sprues. Mart probably only has about 1,000 points of stuff painted. He could put together just about any kind of Tau army you would want to try.
Back to top Go down
Stitch
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Lvl 30 Blademaster
Stitch

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9   Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Hmm...definitely something to consider...

Since discovering Mighty Titans I've been thinking about starting to put together an army, but was holding off. Knowing that you guys play there is definitely added motivation. I just assumed you played up north somewhere.

Either way, maybe I'll stop in and say hi next time you guys are playing. Alternatively, you guys are always welcome to swing by for a beer if you're in the area. I live in Center Grove Village, which is literally right behind that shopping plaza.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9   Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Generation Tau Battlesuits: XV-9
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Uncle Mart's Fanciful Tales :: Warhammer 40K :: Space Marine Bed & Breakfast-
Jump to: